It’s generally a good idea to have at least one backup Admin user and a few test users for each user role you have. The backup admin account can give you an emergency log in just in case something happens to your main admin. The test users are good for helping you test the site with different permission levels, just so you can make sure hidden stuff is actually hidden and users have the permissions you want.
This tutorial will show you how to add users to your Vanilla Forum and is written using Version 2.1.1.
In our tutorials, we use a general url just for an example, yoursite.com/whatever. You would replace the yoursite.com/ with the url of your own site.
- Go to your Dashboard and click Users or go here yoursite.com/dashboard/user
- Once in the Users area, click Add User
- A popup will show and you’ll fill in the info for the new user.
- Fill in the username and either click to generate a password or fill that in. Select the role to put this user in and click Save at the bottom of the popup. It will send an email to this user with their details.
- Since the email contained a password, unencrypted, it would be a good idea to have the new user change the password. If that account is your own test accounts, you can log in and change it yourself too.