When setting up WooCommerce, one thing you would want to do is set up some Product categories, unless you sell only one type of thing.
In our tutorials, we use yoursite.com to represent your site domain. Replace that with your own site domain.
- Go here to set up your Product Categories, yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=product_cat&post_type=product .
- Fill in the name of the category. The slug will be created for you or you can make your own but it needs to be all lowercase with only letters, numbers and hyphens.
- Select the Parent category if there is one. This is useful if you need nested categories (or drop downs) etc.
- Enter the description.
- Set the Display type. Experiment with this. You can test it and edit it if you don’t like how it looks.
- Upload a thumbnail. The dimension of this thumbnail is 150 x 150.
- Click Add New Product Category.
See the image below for how we set up one of our test categories.