Make sure you’ve downloaded the .tar files for anything you want to install. This tutorial will show you how to install either plugins or packages for SocialEngine.
1. Go to your admincp http://yoursite.com/admin/
2. Click Manage and select Packages and Plugins
3. Click Install New Packages
4. Click Add Packages This will bring up a screen for you to select the .tar file that you’ve already downloaded for the plugin or package you want to install.
5. Once you’ve selected the one you want to upload, you will see the screen with the item check marked and a continue button. Click continue.
6. The next screen just tells you what actions will be performed. Click continue.
7. The next screen asks for ftp info. If you have it, enter it. We chose None. click continue
8. If it successfully found where to install, you will see another screen showing that and a continue. Click continue.
9. You should see a screen that the files were installed successfully. Click Continue.
10. Now you should see another success screen for the database. Click Finalize Installation.
11. Now you can go back to the main screen as you should see the success screen.